Monday, October 29, 2012

Sandy Freak Out Follow-Up

So, a few hours ago I posted about a redic freak out about a hurricane and power outages...on the East Coast.

To calm my nerves, I decided that I was going to prepare a bit of an emergency kit. bad mom, blah blah I didn't have one before, blah blah.  I made my first trip to Aldi and then hit up Family Dollar.  $60 later, this is what the kid and I came home with:
6 Gallons of water
Juice boxes
Crap ton of canned veggies, beans, tomatoes, beef stew, ravioli type stuff. 
Breakfast Bars
Chicken salad/cracker things
Box of cereal
Candles (because we have NONE in our house.  (It hurt the Scentsy consultant in me to buy candles)
Lighters
and a deck of cards.
Also, three avocados that are not close to ripe.  My kid loves them and they are a super food.  If the power goes out this week, he'll be good.  If it doesn't, he'll still love them.

Anyways, Aldi was alright.  We will see how everything tastes. I figured that if we were desperate, we'd eat anything, ha! Normally, my husband is against non-name-brand foods.  I was pretty impressed with the prices though!
Family Dollar gave us 3 bags of tea lights, four mini candles and four big candles. I hate candles.

No comments:

Post a Comment