Monday, October 29, 2012

Sandy. Showing my Freak.

Hurricane Sandy is starting to hit the Eastern part of the United States.  There are so many people who are going to be in the direct path of this "MegaStorm"

crap.

So, I'm a freak.  Well, more honestly put,  I have an anxiety issue.  My anxiety got much better when I was pregnant and being a mom has definitely helped.  Though, I'm not sure how since I worry about things constantly.  Maybe it is because the things I worry about now are legit.

We're in Michigan.  Hurricane Sandy is going to bring us wind and rain. There are millions of people who are in danger.  Selfishly, I am thankful that we are not in the immediate danger of the storm.

I'm, however, terrified of losing power. I know that sounds stupid, but I am.  What if my husband is at work and the power goes out? What if we can't talk to each other? What about the rest of my family? How do I deal with a two year old with no power or heat?! Do we have enough food and water? Candles? crap.

To put my anxiety to rest, the kid and I are headed to the store to stock up on supplies.  Do I need to consider wine/beer in a disaster kit? or should I go vodka because it has medicinal purposes?

 Hopefully we will not need the disaster/power outage kit. 

Praying for everyone out east who has to deal with the actual dangerous part of the storm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment